Indianapolis Fire Department Saves Costs and Improves Employee Engagement with Kronos Workforce TeleStaff
CHELMSFORD, Mass., Sept. 29, 2015 - The Indianapolis Fire Department - providing fire protection and emergency medical services to the 12th largest U.S. city - has gained cost savings with Kronos Workforce TeleStaff while reducing unnecessary overtime and employee exertion. Workforce TeleStaff is a public safety scheduling solution used by hundreds of fire, police, and corrections departments to optimize scheduling, communications, and deployment of personnel.
- Workforce TeleStaff replaced what was previously a manual process within the Indianapolis Fire Department. Once the number of employees doubled, the fire department decided to automate and streamline important workforce processes to help ensure fair allocation of overtime; create impartial schedules based on demand and employee preferences; and reduce overstaffing.
- Since deploying Workforce TeleStaff, the department has standardized department-wide rules, which are now followed and subsequently employees are not overworked. This also minimizes unnecessary overtime, and shifts are filled with only those who have the appropriate skills and certifications.
- With Workforce TeleStaff, Indianapolis Fire also has access to timely reports on employees when they are in emergency situations, helping the department's leadership be aware of employees' safety information at all times.
- Indianapolis Fire has received many operational and efficiency benefits with Workforce TeleStaff. For example, the department has reduced the time required to fill overtime shifts with qualified individuals - now less than 30 minutes compared to as much as seven hours previously.
- Also with Kronos, the department has minimized unnecessary overtime costs. Previously if Indianapolis Fire had an overtime situation but the employee was not really needed, the person was sent home but would get paid for the overtime.
Captain Dale Rolfson, IT manager, Indianapolis Fire Department
"Workforce TeleStaff helps us run operations more efficiently, consistently manage staffing decisions, and save significant costs. Managing the workforce effectively is critical for any public safety department as our people are our greatest asset and optimizing this resource helps us serve our community even better while ensuring that we use our budget wisely."
Rock Regan, director, public sector practice group, Kronos
"Indianapolis Fire is an example of a forward-thinking public safety department that is focused on offering high-quality services while achieving operational efficiency. The ability to meet these goals is becoming increasingly important in public safety today. Workforce TeleStaff helps departments such as Indianapolis Fire increase efficiency, save costs, improve employee engagement, and reinvest in services for citizens. It's a real win-win."
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries - including more than half of the Fortune 1000® - use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2015 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.
mailto:?subject=I thought you'd find this page from Kronos interesting&Body=I thought you'd find this page from Kronos interesting:%0D%0A%0D%0Ahttp://www.kronos.com/pr/indianapolis-fire-department-saves-costs-and-improves-employee-engagement-with-kronos-workforce-telestaff.aspx