Healthcare Organizations Use Kronos OptiLink to Enhance Patient Care Delivery and Meet Regulatory
NEW ORLEANS, March 4, 2013 — Since its acquisition of OptiLink last year, Kronos Incorporated has experienced heightened global demand for the acuity-based staffing solution as it became integrated with the market’s most advanced, clinically focused workforce management suite designed to help healthcare organizations deliver high-quality patient care.
- Stamford Hospital, a nonprofit, community and teaching hospital; Swedish
American Hospital, an Illinois-based nonprofit health system; and The William W. Backus Hospital, a leading Connecticut-based healthcare institution are among many healthcare organizations that are leveraging Kronos OptiLink to meet staffing-related regulatory requirements, distribute workload equitably, and maintain a safe environment for patients and staff alike.
- Kronos OptiLink offers healthcare organizations visibility into real-time data on admissions, discharges, and transfers, demonstrating a clear picture of patient population and staffing across all unit levels throughout the entire system. This enables timely changes that support patient care requirements and help meet compliance and budget requirements. Such functionality is becoming critical for hospitals and health systems in the U.S., with the emergence of staffing regulations forcing changes to the way many organizations approach staffing and scheduling today.
- With labor representing as much as 60 percent of the total labor expense in care delivery, the ability to manage labor effectively and efficiently can have a significant impact on the bottom line. Kronos OptiLink monitors labor hours and expenses in real time so management
can make proactive staffing decisions that minimize reliance on costly overtime and supplemental labor. Additionally, historical workforce data from Kronos OptiLink’s centralized database can be leveraged to set realistic and appropriate Hours Per Patient Day targets, leading organizations to more effectively control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity.
- With an impending nursing shortage, increasing workforce satisfaction and boosting employee retention are also top priorities for healthcare organizations today. Kronos OptiLink helps organizations accurately align staffing to workload, leading to greater employee satisfaction as well as positive patient outcomes, shorter patient stays, and lower rates of readmission.
- Susan M.Reese,MBA, RN, CPHIMS, director, healthcare practice group, Kronos
"When we acquired OptiLink, our vision was to create a common platform within which finance and nursing departments can
collaborate to control costs and deliver high-quality patient care. The demand we have witnessed for the integrated Kronos OptiLink solution emphasizes that we have fulfilled this vision. With real-time impact analysis, Kronos OptiLink is helping healthcare organizations around the world make informed budget decisions that effectively balance patient care and staff satisfaction with operational performance and fiscal responsibility."
- Mary Bylone, chief nursing officer, The William W. Backus Hospital
"Our hospital is committed to being responsive and accountable to the communities we serve and we need state-of-the-art technologies to support us in this mission. Kronos is the market leader in healthcare workforce management technology and its comprehensive suite of solutions including Kronos OptiLink has helped us align
staffing levels to actual patient needs. This enables our staff to manage workload, schedules, and productivity using actual patient demand rather than static budgets created in advance."
- Kronos made this announcement from the HIMSS Annual Conference & Exhibition being in held in New Orleans from Mar. 3-7. Kronos is exhibiting in booth #5341.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Subscribe to our workforce management blogs.
- Take a look at the lighter side of workforce management in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring,
and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2013 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos is a registered trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.