Hastings Continues to Hire the Best with Kronos
CHELMSFORD, Mass., July 9, 2012 — Kronos Incorporated today announced that Hastings Entertainment, Inc., a leading multimedia entertainment retailer, has renewed its commitment to the Kronos selection and hiring solution to source, screen, and select the best-fit candidates for increased workforce quality.
- With more than 138 locations across the U.S., using Kronos helps Hastings have a more centralized and consistent hiring process in each location resulting in reduced compliance risk.
- Hastings managers are tasked with managing their location’s hiring needs as well as their stores and providing great customer service. With Kronos, the process is entirely automated and Kronos’ unique selection science enables managers to quickly hone in on qualified applicants, greatly improving productivity.
- Prior to using Kronos, Hastings had a manual, paper-based hiring process. Candidates had to visit a location to fill out a paper application. Hastings was not getting the volume of applications it felt it should. With Kronos, the pool of applicants is larger and the quality is improved. The time to fill an open position has been reduced significantly, and Hastings has recognized increased productivity.
- Hastings has worked with Kronos to incorporate assessments for key positions. As a result, it is now able to hire better-qualified applicants who will perform better and stay longer.
- Wendy Kritser-Howard, senior director of human resources, Hastings Entertainment, Inc.
“We have been a Kronos customer since 2003 and the improvement in our efficiency, quality of candidates, and online presence has been fantastic. The automated platform has reduced user errors, therefore improving our HR team’s efficiency as well as insuring legal compliance on all paperwork. The e-signature feature is unparalleled and vital in today’s world. Additionally, Kronos assists us in providing applicants with a great user experience, allows our managers to select strong candidates quickly, and streamlines the hiring process from sourcing to onboarding. Kronos continues to be a strong partner for us.”
- Nick Ordon,vice president and general manager, hiring solutions, Kronos
“For more than 40 years, Hastings Entertainment has been delighting its customers and bringing them back for more. This kind of success doesn’t happen by accident – it is largely attributable to putting customers first and ensuring that they have a great experience every time. Hiring the right people is a critical part of this equation and we’re honored that Hastings continues to work with us on this important and mission-critical aspect of its business.”
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. To learn how Kronos uniquely delivers complete automation and high-quality information in an easy-to-use solution, visit www.kronos.com.
© 2012 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos is a registered trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.