Hannaford Bros. Co. Expands Use of Kronos with Addition of Analytics and Next Generation User Interface
CHELMSFORD, Mass., May 7, 2012 — Hannaford Bros. Co., the second-largest New England-based grocery chain, recently enhanced its workforce management suite of solutions from Kronos Incorporated. A long-standing user of Kronos, Hannaford added the Kronos labor analytics solution to gain real-time visibility into store performance across the entire enterprise. The grocer also selected the Kronos next generation user interface to enhance end-user adoption and reduce training efforts. Both solutions will enable Hannaford to increase sales through improved customer service.
- Hannaford Bros. Co., with more than 27,000 employees, has used the Kronos time and attendance and forecasting and scheduling solutions for several years. Based on benefits achieved, Hannaford recently updated the Kronos suite to include the labor analytics application and next generation user interface.
- Like most grocers, Hannaford operates on thin margins. Therefore it is extremely important that it makes the most of every labor dollar spent. With the Kronos analytics solution, Hannaford will be able to identify, predict, and manage opportunities for cost savings and productivity gains – all while ensuring a consistent and positive shopping experience.
- To ensure Hannaford is achieving the most benefit from its existing workforce management investments, the grocer also selected the next generation user interface from Kronos. In addition to offering ease of use, which improves end-user adoption and reduces training costs, the interface offers an early warning and guidance system that identifies potential problems. The interface presents those problems in a simple, intuitive way and guides the user to an appropriate resolution through predictive analytics.
- The new additions will further augment Hannaford’s existing workforce management strategy including its wall-to-wall optimized scheduling approach. The Kronos forecasting and scheduling tools offer access to customer traffic data in 15-minute increments by department and store, enabling managers to generate accurate schedules based on those patterns and trends.
- Norm Daigle, manager of labor and productivity, Hannaford Bros. Co.
"Through the use of Kronos optimized scheduling, we are achieving many sales benefits. The analytics solution and the intuitive user interface will help us reap further rewards. For example, the user interface will improve the execution of our standard practice for scheduling as it will guide the user through the process, allowing them to spend less time in the back office and more time helping customers. Also, our associates and managers will be able to leverage functionality and additional metrics that they previously didn’t have access to."
- Liz Moughan, director, retail and hospitality practice group, Kronos
"As with many of our long-term customers, Hannaford was looking for ways to further innovate with the use of workforce management solutions. It has already achieved significant benefits with Kronos. By leveraging our more advanced solutions, Hannaford will be able to transform its workforce from a cost of doing business to a competitive advantage."
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. To learn how Kronos uniquely delivers complete automation and high-quality information in an easy-to-use solution, visit www.kronos.com.
© 2012 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos is a registered trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.