Grady Health System Mobilizes its Workforce with Kronos
ORLANDO, Feb. 21, 2011 — Grady Health System, one of the largest public hospitals in the U.S., is saving time and money by staffing more effectively with the mobile scheduling application from Kronos Incorporated. Part of the next generation of workforce management solutions from Kronos®, the mobile application allows managers to instantly engage with employees to fill open shifts quickly using a variety of mobile devices.
- Grady, a decade-long user of Kronos’ integrated time and attendance and employee scheduling solutions, implemented the mobile scheduling application to be used by 1,800 employees across its 900-bed operation.
- As the only level-one trauma center within 100 miles of Atlanta, Grady previously required six employees to manage the central staffing office. The volume of “call-outs” was also very high.
- With Kronos’ mobile scheduling solution, Grady streamlined the process by leveraging mobile technology to reach employees quickly. Managers now broadcast a text message to the mobile devices of employees who are qualified to fill an open shift. Once an employee accepts the shift, it is automatically assigned, and a second message notifies employees that the shift has been filled. Meanwhile, the work schedule is automatically updated in the Kronos scheduling application, dramatically reducing the work involved with filling open shifts.
- As a result, the organization is able to secure qualified and available staff to fill open shifts in minutes. This enables Grady to more easily respond to changes, reducing dependence on overtime use. By leveraging technology to communicate with groups of qualified staff all at once, fewer staff are needed to manage the process of filling open shifts.
- Grady selected the Kronos mobile application because of its advanced functionality, including the ability to alert only qualified employees to fill open shifts. Nurses at Grady appreciate that Kronos creates a level playing field, as all qualified employees are notified of open shifts simultaneously, eliminating favoritism.
- Donald Thomas, assistant controller, Grady Health System
"The Kronos mobile technology has held up to the scrutiny of real use. If other hospitals are looking for something like this, I’d highly recommend Kronos. The application saves time and money and both nurses and non-clinical staff love it. Kronos continues to provide us with innovative solutions as part of its advanced workforce management suite, which reduces cost and ultimately allows us to spend more time with our patients."
- Brian Graves, global practice leader of healthcare, Kronos
"We’re excited to have Grady Health System as one of the champions of our next generation vision. A fundamental shift is taking place in healthcare today and it’s all about technology that is easy to use. Software that is easy to use will promote higher adoption and provide greater benefit to organizations. We’re leveraging advances in consumer technology to make our workforce management solutions the easiest to use while saving labor costs, improving productivity, and supporting the delivery of quality care."
- Kronos made this announcement from HIMSS 2011 being held in Orlando this week. Kronos is exhibiting at booth #3962.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 60 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. To learn how Kronos uniquely delivers complete automation and high-quality information in an easy-to-use solution, visit www.kronos.com.
© 2011 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos is a registered trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.