Family Dollar Uses Kronos for Superior Customer Service
NEW YORK, Jan. 16, 2012 — Kronos Incorporated today announced that Family Dollar is using its suite of workforce management solutions to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve productivity — all of which help improve customer service. Kronos is used by more than 55,000 Family Dollar employees across 7,000 stores.
- Family Dollar realized the need for a workforce management solution to address a variety of internal and external issues including rising labor costs; the upcoming healthcare coverage changes mandated by the healthcare reform; and accelerating performance expectations.
- Family Dollar chose the integrated time and attendance and forecasting and scheduling solutions from Kronos to address those challenges. The workforce management system has already helped the leading discount store chain maintain accuracy in payroll processing.
- Additionally, Kronos helps Family Dollar maintain compliance with federal, state, and other labor laws and regulations. For example, the state of California requires employers to comply with complex meal and break rules and Kronos enables the retailer to do so through accommodation of multiple pay rules and complete automation of processes. Through real-time visibility into labor information, Kronos also makes it easier for Family Dollar to have a fair and equitable scheduling process.
- Family Dollar will discuss its successes with Kronos in the session, "Family Dollar: 7,000 Stores Live on Workforce Management and Counting" at NRF today from 10:15-10:45 a.m. at 3D08 Expo Hall, Jacob K. Javits Convention Center, New York, NY.
- Michael Newman, DVP store operations, Family Dollar
"Workforce management is at the core of our long-term success. We have achieved many benefits from the Kronos solution since implementing it in 2010. Employee retention is at our highest levels ever, and customers continue to receive superior service. We couldn’t have achieved any of these without maintaining accuracy in payroll; effective scheduling; and precision in labor to demand alignment."
- Liz Moughan, director, retail and hospitality practice group, Kronos
"Family Dollar exemplifies solid values of superior customer service and employee satisfaction, and it is rewarding to see the benefits the retailer has achieved with an optimized workforce. Kronos is committed to helping Family Dollar meet its future business objectives through our deep understanding of the retail market and the discount store sector."
- Kronos made this announcement from the National Retail Federation’s (NRF) 101st Annual Convention & Expo being in held in New York from Jan. 15-18. Kronos is exhibiting in booth #1925.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 60 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. To learn how Kronos uniquely delivers complete automation and high-quality information in an easy-to-use solution, visit www.kronos.com.
© 2012 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos is a registered trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.