Copa Airlines Selects Kronos AD OPT Solution for Operational Efficiency and Cost Savings
MONTREAL, June 12, 2012 — Copa Airlines, the leading provider of passenger and cargo services in Latin America, has selected a crew pairing solution from the AD OPT division of Kronos Incorporated to increase operational efficiency and improve crew satisfaction and quality of life.
- Copa Airlines has signed a five-year rental agreement with AD OPT to provide Altitude Pairing solution for use across its operations. Altitude Pairing will completely automate the crew pairing process and create cost-effective crew pairings for maximum efficiency.
- The award-winning optimization technology of the AD OPT Altitude Pairing solution was selected after a thorough benchmarking process. The primary drivers of the selection were Altitude Pairing’s ability to modernize and automate the crew pairing process and the resultant efficiencies that can be gained, while also improving the quality of schedules for crewmembers. Additionally, Altitude Pairing is a robust, user-friendly solution that seamlessly integrates with the airline’s existing operational infrastructure.
- A core solution within the AD OPT product suite, Altitude Pairing will build “crew friendly” pairings, while maintaining full compliance with company rules, operational requirements, contract agreements, and government regulations. Altitude Pairing will also help Copa Airlines forecast and plan for future, unexpected occurrences and develop a sustainable long-term strategy.
- Captain David Lindskoog, vice president of flight operation, Copa Airlines
“Kronos has been responsive and supportive throughout the selection process by customizing the Altitude Pairing system to meet our unique operational needs. We are confident that we have selected the market’s leading airline pairing solution that generates quality, cost-effective pairings and also reacts to changes swiftly.”
- Tom Ivaskiv, vice president and general manager, AD OPT, a division of Kronos
“The benefits of efficient crew pairing and planning add to the bottom line. Forward thinking airlines such as Copa are increasingly moving toward automation, efficiency, and optimization of the process. We are pleased to partner with Copa Airlines and we look forward to helping it improve crew productivity and satisfaction while enhancing operational efficiency.”
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. To learn how Kronos uniquely delivers complete automation and high-quality information in an easy-to-use solution, visit www.kronos.com.
© 2012 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos is a registered trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.