City of Fort Walton Beach Selects Kronos to Improve Efficiency
CHELMSFORD, Mass., April 16, 2012 — A local government serving 20,000 citizens, City of Fort Walton Beach, Fla. selected workforce management solutions from Kronos Incorporated to improve employee productivity and payroll efficiency, minimize compliance risk, and control labor costs. By automating workforce business processes, Kronos will help the city ensure accuracy of the payroll process and improve workforce accountability. The time and money saved in the administrative payroll process will be redirected to activities that directly benefit the citizens.
- City of Fort Walton Beach selected the time and attendance, absence management, and labor analytics applications from Kronos. Kronos was selected among other competing vendors because of its deep public sector experience and strong track record of investment in products and services. Successful Kronos implementations across other Florida local governments also influenced the selection decision.
- Prior to Kronos, City of Fort Walton Beach’s employee timecards could not be matched to schedules or actual hours worked. Through complete automation of processes with Kronos, employees will now be accountable for hours worked and leave accrued. Also, administrative staff previously spent significant time manually checking sick and leave forms and allocating field crews’ time to work orders. With Kronos, their time will be freed for more value-added functions.
- Kronos will also enable the city to have an audit trail and apply pay rules consistently across all departments. This will help the city ensure compliance with federal, state, union, and other labor laws and regulations. With Kronos, City of Fort Walton Beach will also be able to analyze labor trends and patterns, enabling it to better manage its labor force and personnel budget and even preempt unnecessary overtime.
- Charlotte Dunworth, budget and grants manager, finance department, City of Fort Walton Beach
"We are excited about the payroll administration efficiency and labor analysis benefits of the Kronos implementation. Kronos will enable us to have access to real-time labor data and detailed reporting, leading to more effective deployment of personnel and budgeting."
- Christine Carmichael, director, public sector practice group, Kronos
"In the face of tightening budgets, real-time view of labor data is critical for local governments in order to minimize non-value added labor activity. Leaders also need to react immediately to disruptions and evaluate trends to recommend optimization improvements. We are excited to help City of Fort Walton Beach achieve these benefits with our comprehensive solution."
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 80 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. To learn how Kronos uniquely delivers complete automation and high-quality information in an easy-to-use solution, visit www.kronos.com.
© 2012 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos is a registered trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.