Charming Charlie Selects Kronos® to Drive Productivity and Growth
NEW YORK, Jan. 10, 2011 — Charming Charlie, a fast-growing fashion accessory boutique, selected an end-to-end workforce management solution from Kronos® Incorporated to sustain growth, increase productivity, and improve employee retention.
- Charming Charlie selected the time and attendance, forecasting and scheduling, hiring, labor analytics, and HR and payroll applications from Kronos.
- Awarded "Hot Retailer of 2010" by the International Council of Shopping Centers, Charming Charlie is growing at an unprecedented rate. By the end of 2010, the retailer had opened 96 stores, more than double of those open the year before. To sustain this growth, management at Charming Charlie set forth a focus on optimizing store operations, and opted to completely automate critical workforce business processes across all stores with Kronos.
- Charming Charlie selected Kronos after a thorough evaluation of competing vendors. Kronos was chosen because of its proven strengths in all aspects of retail workforce management. Also, the Kronos implementation does not require costly customization or third-party consultation.
- Kronos will enable Charming Charlie to hire effectively by helping select candidates best suited for selling in their retail environment. Once best-fit employees are hired, Kronos will help Charming Charlie schedule the right people with the appropriate skill sets in the right places at the right times. The time and attendance solution will further improve payroll accuracy and compliance through automation of the time-tracking process and consistency in the enforcement of scheduling-related rules and policies.
- Also, Kronos will extract real-time data from traffic counters, improving forecasts. This will help Charming Charlie more effectively integrate customer flow information into workforce planning and create more accurate schedules aligned with demand, helping boost sales.
- Charming Charlie is replacing previous manual processes with Kronos. Through automation and standardization of end-to-end workforce management processes, Kronos will help Charming Charlie control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity.
- Ron Batts, director of store operations, Charming Charlie
"Kronos will help us achieve the right blend of effective hiring, scheduling, and trend analysis to maximize sales. Through improved efficiencies and profitability with Kronos, we will be able to make additional investments in store operations, to enhance the in-store customer experience. By selecting one vendor that can meet all our workforce management needs, we are also eliminating multiple integration headaches, and streamlining critical processes."
- Charlie DeWitt, vice president of vertical marketing, Kronos
"It is very exciting for Kronos to be part of Charming Charlie's journey of success. By automating workforce management processes at this critical growth juncture, Charming Charlie has displayed a progressive attitude and dedication toward customers and employees. Kronos is committed to helping the organization meet its business objectives by enabling it to effectively manage its workforce – a retailer's largest controllable expense – and also its biggest asset."
- Kronos made this announcement from the National Retail Federation's (NRF) 100th Annual Convention & Expo being in held in New York from Jan. 9-12. Kronos is exhibiting in booth #2319.
About Charming Charlie
Charming Charlie is a fashion accessory boutique that has been delighting women of all ages since 2004. Through a unique blend of fun, style, color, and affordability, Charming Charlie helps shoppers pull together their look through the key finishing touches – earrings, necklaces, bracelets, handbags, scarves, belts ... in a fun, boutique environment. Founded in Houston, Texas in 2004, Charming Charlie now has 96 stores and is expanding across the country.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 60 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. To learn how Kronos uniquely delivers complete automation and high-quality information in an easy-to-use solution, visit www.kronos.com.
© 2011 Kronos Incorporated. Kronos is a registered trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.