Century 21 Department Stores Implements Kronos® Hiring Solution
CHELMSFORD, Mass., Oct. 18, 2010 — Century 21 Department Stores has chosen the selection and hiring solution from Kronos® Incorporated to manage the end-to-end hiring process for its 3,500 employees. With the Kronos solution, Century 21 anticipates a 50 percent reduction in the time it currently spends on hiring new employees for its retail stores and corporate office.
- Finding and hiring the right people to deliver quality customer service in an industry where the war for talent is fierce and turnover is very costly is a primary challenge facing all leading retailers today. Increasingly, these organizations are turning to technology to give them an edge.
- Century 21 Stores was looking for a way to reduce turnover and make smarter hires. The behavioral assessments offered by Kronos will enable them to quickly identify applicants and hire employees who can perform better on the job and stay longer.
- With Kronos, retail store managers and recruiters at Century 21's seven locations and its corporate office can cut the time spent on hiring in half. The Kronos solution allows the organization to focus only on the best applicants for Century 21 by offering managers guidance, structured interview guides, and assessment results aimed at making the best hiring decision.
- The competitive nature and tight margins in the retail industry demand increased operating efficiency. Kronos will enable Century 21 to improve workforce productivity by automating the entire hiring process, from receiving electronic applications and resumes to complete onboarding with e-Signature.
- Jenifer Thoma, director, human resources, Century 21 Stores
"The primary reason we selected Kronos is that it provides an end-to-end solution for both our corporate and store employees and its behavioral assessments. Kronos selection tools, which are particularly strong in the retail industry, will help us find and hire the best people to deliver the level of customer service that our customers deserve."
- Bob Delponte, director of hiring products, Kronos
"When it comes to retail, hiring the right people is perhaps the most important decision a company makes. With the right people, the quality of service increases and customer satisfaction scores rise. The Kronos hiring solution provides Century 21 with the ability to select employees who have the proper attributes and behaviors required to be successful in these critical jobs."
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in hiring and workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 60 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. To learn how Kronos uniquely delivers complete automation and high quality information in an easy-to-use solution, visit www.kronos.com.
© 2010 Kronos Incorporated. Kronos is a registered trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.