Cavender's Boot City Selects Kronos to Improve Customer Service
CHELMSFORD, Mass., March 15, 2011 — Cavender's Boot City, the popular brand in western apparel, selected workforce management solutions from Kronos Incorporated to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. These benefits will ultimately help Cavender's further enhance the in-store customer experience – a top priority for fast-growing retailers.
- Cavender's selected the time and attendance and forecasting and scheduling solutions from Kronos® to automate and centralize its workforce management processes across all 56 stores. The specialty retailer will now be able to control labor costs through real-time visibility into critical labor data. By standardizing with Kronos, district managers as well as leaders at corporate headquarters will gain more control over labor decisions as they will be able to view all labor data and schedules across the chain in real time.
- Kronos will help the retailer further enhance the in-store customer experience through demand-driven scheduling. The forecasting and scheduling solution from Kronos analyzes business drivers to create an accurate demand forecast, which helps avoid over- or under- staffing, and eliminates unnecessary overtime.
- Kronos will also help Cavender's manage seasonal employees more effectively. The retailer experiences a temporary increase in workforce around Christmas and rodeo seasons, and prior to implementing Kronos, managers had to manually track seasonal employee data including attendance. With Kronos, seasonal worker data will be tracked automatically and more accurately, and managers will have more time to spend on customer service and sales activities.
- Additionally, by accessing real-time labor data including missed punches, breaks, and overtime status through Kronos, managers can take corrective actions to resolve potential non-compliance issues. Cavender's will also be able to enforce complex pay rules uniformly across the chain helping further mitigate compliance risk.
- Cavender's selected Kronos after thoroughly evaluating competing products. Kronos was the clear choice because it provided a tailored, best-fit solution to match the retailer’s current business objectives.
- James R. Thompson, chief financial officer, Cavender's Boot City
"We are a cost-conscious company so that we can provide great value and products. However, we needed to invest in a workforce management solution in order to continue to deliver stellar customer service as we continue to grow. With Kronos, we found a solution that not only met our business objectives but also our budget. Finally, Kronos and Cavender's share many common values such as customer-centricity, integrity, and being just good people."
- Charlie DeWitt, vice president of vertical marketing, Kronos
"Growing retailers like Cavender’s Boot City are faced with the same operational challenges as today's largest retailers. And they require a workforce management solution that will allow them to overcome these obstacles. Kronos continues to drive innovation efforts to develop solutions that meet the needs of businesses of all sizes and we look forward to helping Cavender's achieve its operational goals."
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 60 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. To learn how Kronos uniquely delivers complete automation and high-quality information in an easy-to-use solution, visit www.kronos.com.
© 2011 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos is a registered trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.