Catholic Health Partners Achieves $8 Million Cost Savings with Kronos®
CHELMSFORD, Mass., Oct. 13, 2010 — Catholic Health Partners is using the integrated time and attendance and productivity solutions from Kronos® Incorporated for its 38,400-employee workforce across more than 100 locations to control labor costs and improve workforce productivity. In 2009, Kronos helped the organization save $8 million through reduced agency and overtime use.
- The solutions from Kronos help Catholic Health Partners, the largest health system in Ohio and one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the nation, assess the impact of labor decisions on budgets and productivity through real-time analysis of critical labor data.
- Kronos helps the organization control labor costs and improve productivity by helping select employees with the most appropriate skill sets from the most cost-effective source and making timely adjustments to align labor levels with fluctuating patient volume.
- Advanced reporting capabilities within the Kronos productivity solution enables the organization to uncover complex, otherwise hidden labor details to successfully reduce agency and overtime use to achieve the multimillion dollar cost savings.
- Executives at Catholic Health Partners and regional leaders meet regularly to discuss productivity issues, review performance, and exchange ideas. This commitment to drive productivity and subsequently achieve a high level of clinical performance has enabled the organization to rank in the Thomson Reuters' Top 10 list of health systems in the U.S. in 2009 and 2010.
- Kathye Habig Nippert, vice president, workforce management, Catholic Health Partners
"Kronos is a key component in our strategy to deliver quality care while achieving optimal productivity levels. In addition to surpassing our expectations for cost savings, we are pleased with how easy the solutions are to use and with our partnership with Kronos."
- Brian Graves, global practice leader of healthcare, Kronos
"Use of our productivity solution is yet another forward-thinking step by Catholic Health Partners to further drive workforce and clinical performance. The savings achieved by Catholic Health Partners is indicative of the strong blend of functionality and ease of use that we strive to deliver to our customers."
- About Catholic Health Partners – Catholic Health Partners, a Top 10 Health System for Quality and Efficiency, is the largest health system in Ohio and one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the U.S. With $5.05 billion in assets, CHP employs nearly 38,400 associates in more than 100 organizations, including 34 hospitals which serve the health needs of people in Ohio, Tennessee, Kentucky, Pennsylvania and contiguous states. True to our mission, in 2009 CHP provided more than $348.2 million, or 8.7 percent of total expenses, in targeted community benefit. CHP actively lives our values by committing to comprehensive benefits, including health care coverage for all regular associates, and by paying competitive wages, including a just wage that exceeds state and federal minimums. CHP is proud that our diverse associates provide high quality care to all who walk through our doors. We earned national ranking as a Top 10 Health System for quality and efficiency in both 2009 and 2010 by Thomson Reuters, which studied more than 250 health systems across the country.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 60 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. To learn how Kronos uniquely delivers complete automation and high-quality information in an easy-to-use solution, visit www.kronos.com.
© 2010 Kronos Incorporated. Kronos is a registered trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.