CaliforniaDepartment of Corrections and Rehabilitation Standardizes Management of 35,000+Staff on Kronos; Expects $1.5 Million in Annual Savings
CHELMSFORD, Mass., Jan. 7, 2015 - The California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR), one of the largest state government departments in the nation, uses the TeleStaff solution from Kronos Incorporated to standardize more than 35,000 staff schedules and create greater accountability of staffing, overtime costs, and leave usage. By automating critical processes, the Kronos TeleStaff solution is improving productivity at the department, helping it achieve an anticipated $1.5 million in annual savings.
- CDCR selected the Kronos TeleStaff solution for its employees across 34 institutions and one contract facility. The Kronos TeleStaff solution replaced a disparate, manual legacy system that required time-consuming analysis and validation, and lacked the ability to apply business rules consistently across the department.
- With the Kronos TeleStaff solution, CDCR now has access to real-time labor data and can more effectively manage its workforce through standardization and complete automation of processes.
- The department is poised to achieve $1.5 million in annual savings through greater accuracy and efficiency.
- CDCR is now able to assign shifts and overtime by seniority, helping ensure compliance with union and department pay rules. Also, overtime is now calculated within hours and more accurately, as opposed to requiring HR staff to do the calculation manually with the previous legacy system over four or five days each month.
- Additionally, greater employee leave usage accountability has improved overall leave management. Prior to leveraging the Kronos TeleStaff solution, it was harder for employees to see how much paid time off was available, resulting in leave-related errors.
- The Kronos TeleStaff solution also integrates with CDCR's SAP enterprise resource planning (ERP) system, significantly improving payroll accuracy through real-time, high-quality labor data entering the system.
- Ultimately, by standardizing critical processes, providing access to real-time labor data, and accommodating complex pay rules across various business units, the Kronos TeleStaff solution allows CDCR to take preemptive action across every unit before challenges become larger organizational problems.
Joe Panora, director, enterprise information services, California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
"We selected the Kronos TeleStaff solution because we needed a proven workforce management product. Our department has broad, varied, and complex needs, and our IT staff supports 24/7 multiple shifts across diverse units of employees from corrections to clinical. The Kronos TeleStaff solution has helped us achieve significant benefits through complete automation and standardization. As a result, we are able to spend taxpayer dollars more efficiently."
Greg Ekstrom, vice president and general manager, Kronos TeleStaff Solutions Group
"CDCR's deployment of TeleStaff is a remarkable accomplishment given the size of the agency, its goals, and the scope of the project. With heightened focus on efficiency, transparency, and cost containment in government; the deployment of TeleStaff is a considerable milestone for improving workforce management and overall public safety. Kronos is committed to a true partnership with CDCR and helping the department achieve as much automation as possible."
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries - including more than half of the Fortune 1000® - use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2015 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.
mailto:?subject=I thought you'd find this page from Kronos interesting&Body=I thought you'd find this page from Kronos interesting:%0D%0A%0D%0Ahttp://www.kronos.com/pr/california-department-of-corrections-and-rehabilitation-standardizes-management-of-35k-staff-on-kronos-expects-1-and-1-half-million-in-annual-savings.aspx