Battle of the Interns: Kronos Brings Together Six Innovative Greater Boston Companies to Compete in the Intern Summer Games
CHELMSFORD, Mass., Aug. 3, 2015 - Fear not New Englanders - the Boston 2024 bid may have ended, but The Summer Games are still coming to Boston. Kronos Incorporated today announced it is bringing together five fellow innovative Greater Boston technology companies - Acquia, Constant Contact®, Inc., Epsilon, HubSpot, Inc., and MathWorks - to compete in the inaugural Summer Games: Battle of the Interns on Thursday, Aug. 6 at 1:00 p.m. EDT at Boston University's New Balance Field.
- The Summer Games: Battle of the Interns is a day of competition and networking to celebrate the region's passion for innovation, technology leadership, and cultivating the workforce of the future. Fifteen interns selected from each organization's summer internship program will battle in a team-based competition over several events aimed at testing their physical and mental strength.
- Kronos has hosted its own Intern Kronolympics since 2013 at the conclusion of each year's summer internship program. The idea of The Summer Games: Battle of the Interns was born out of Kronos' commitment to inspiring the next-generation workforce and led to an invitation to several leading local technology companies to match their college interns against one another in a friendly competition of brains and brawn. The winning organization will receive $5,000 from Kronos to donate to an educational organization of its choice.
- In total, approximately 100 summer interns representing more than 50 different colleges and universities around the country will participate in The Summer Games: Battle of the Interns.
- At the conclusion of the competition - and after the winning intern team is crowned at a medal ceremony - participating companies will host a networking hour on New Balance Field at Boston University for competitors and spectators to mingle among local tech professionals.
The Mass Technology Leadership Council (MassTLC), the region's leading technology association and the premier network for tech executives, entrepreneurs, investors, and policy leaders, will provide volunteers, referees, and scorekeepers for the day's events, including Chief Operating Officer Clare Madden, who will act as master of ceremonies for The Summer Games: Battle of the Interns.
- In line with the Kronos WorkInspired culture, Kronos summer interns are an extension of the Kronos team and are given meaningful work along with support and guidance to ensure they have a successful internship while learning hard and soft skills that will help advance their careers.
- This summer Kronos had its largest-ever internship program, with more than 80 interns working in various departments across the organization - nearly 60 of which are based in Massachusetts where Kronos is headquartered.
- Since the Kronos internship program was formalized in 2010, more than 30 former interns have been hired by the company, with some securing positions at Kronos years after their internship by maintaining business connections with their Kronite colleagues.
- The Summer Games: Battle of the Interns will take place on Thursday, Aug. 6 at 1:00 p.m., rain or shine, at Boston University's New Balance Field in Allston, Mass.
Clare Madden, chief operating officer, MassTLC
"Kudos to Kronos for putting together a fantastic event to showcase the innovation and camaraderie of Greater Boston's tech hub while inspiring our next generation of leaders. We're honored and thrilled that Kronos and the competing organizations asked me and MassTLC to participate in what should be a terrific competition that has the potential to grow in the years to come. The spirit of The Summer Games is still alive and well in Boston."
Aron Ain, chief executive officer, Kronos
"Parents, families, teachers, and schools all play a critical role in shaping the workforce of the future - but I believe employers should also play a major part by offering resources, mentors, and events such as The Summer Games: Battle of the Interns that inspire and motivate young minds. I'm so proud of how our own growing internship and co-op programs are helping build the leaders of tomorrow, and we have gained just as much value from our college and high school colleagues than they have from Kronos. Good luck to all the competitors!"
- Follow the competition and join the conversation online at #InternBattle.
- Visit here for directions and parking information for Boston University's New Balance Field.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
Subscribe to our workforce management blogs.
- Take a look at the lighter side of workforce management in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries - including more than half of the Fortune 1000® - use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2015 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.
mailto:?subject=I thought you'd find this page from Kronos interesting&Body=I thought you'd find this page from Kronos interesting:%0D%0A%0D%0Ahttp://www.kronos.com/pr/battle-of-the-interns-kronos-brings-together-six-innovative-greater-boston-companies-to-compete-in-the-intern-summer-games.aspx