American Water Selects Workforce Management Solutions from Kronos
CHELMSFORD, Mass., March 21, 2011 — Kronos Incorporated today announced that American Water, one of the largest water and wastewater utility companies in the U.S., has selected its workforce management solutions to more effectively manage the workforce and reduce compliance risk.
- American Water selected integrated time and attendance and absence management solutions from Kronos® to more effectively manage approximately 7,000 employees across more than 200 locations. Kronos will automate previous manual systems for more accurate tracking of employee time.
- Kronos was selected because of its proven success with implementations involving complex workforces as American Water needed a system that can handle challenging pay rules involving 69 different bargaining agreements. American Water will use Kronos for both exempt and hourly employees.
- Kronos will also offer self-service features to American Water employees, enabling them to check time, accruals, and even request time off.
- Andrew Twadelle, vice president, business transformation, American Water
"We selected Kronos because it’s a proven leader in workforce management and can offer solutions that address our unique challenges."
- Gregg Gordon, senior director of manufacturing industry marketing, Kronos
"Labor costs represent one of the largest controllable expenses for public utilities. American Water is an example of a progressive organization that is automating workforce business processes for more efficient delivery of services and solutions."
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to more effectively manage its workforce and reduce its compliance risk. Tens of thousands of organizations in 60 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. To learn how Kronos uniquely delivers complete automation and high-quality information in an easy-to-use solution, visit www.kronos.com.
© 2011 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos is a registered trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.