American Sugar Refining Optimizes Business Processes with Kronos®
CHELMSFORD, Mass., Aug. 10, 2010 — American Sugar Refining, Inc., manufacturer of sugar products such as Domino® Sugar, selected the time and attendance solution from Kronos® Incorporated. Kronos is live across all manufacturing facilities in Canada and the U.S. and is helping the organization control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity.
- American Sugar Refining previously used disparate timekeeping products across its organization. Based on benefits achieved using a Kronos solution in one of its large manufacturing facilities, the organization decided to implement the solution enterprise-wide across all Canada and U.S. locations to standardize critical workforce business processes.
- American Sugar Refining uses SAP's human resources application, which is tightly integrated through an interface to the Kronos solution.
- The organization also selected Kronos biometric data collection terminals to help ensure that all employees are validated when they punch in.
- Gary Mitchell, IT director, American Sugar Refining
"The superior integration capabilities of Kronos with our existing ERP and payroll systems and its best-of-breed advantages such as complete automation and flexibility to handle multiple pay rules without the need for extra customization were attractive features for us. Kronos helps us take preemptive measures to avoid costly labor related errors. We are very pleased with the enterprise-wide rollout that has helped us standardize and improve workforce related business processes."
- Gregg Gordon, senior director of manufacturing industry marketing, Kronos
"Manufacturers are focused on continuous improvement methods to reduce inefficiencies and improve productivity. American Sugar Refining is a good example of a progressive manufacturer that is integrating a best-of-breed time and attendance solution to standardize data collection processes and eliminate risks of costly payroll errors and inflated labor costs."
- American Sugar Refining, Inc. ("ASR") is the leading producer of refined sugar in the United States. Based in Yonkers, New York, ASR operates sugar refineries in Yonkers, Baltimore, New Orleans and the C&H Sugar Company refinery in Crockett, California. ASR affiliates, Redpath Sugars, Ltd. and Ingenio San Nicolas, S.A. de C.V. operate a refinery in Canada and a mill in Mexico, respectively. ASR owns the DOMINO® and C&H® sugar brands.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 60 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. To learn how Kronos uniquely delivers complete automation and high-quality information in an easy-to-use solution, visit www.kronos.com.
© 2010 Kronos Incorporated. Kronos is a registered trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.