Westside Union School District Achieves Efficiency with Kronos®
CHELMSFORD, Mass., Feb. 22, 2010 — The Westside Union School District in Los Angeles County, has automated its manual and decentralized timekeeping processes with a time and attendance solution from Kronos® Incorporated across 11 schools and one district office. Through automation and standardization with Kronos, the school district is controlling labor costs, minimizing compliance risk, and improving workforce productivity.
- The Westside Union School District is one of the largest elementary districts in Los Angeles County, with approximately 9,000 students.
- The school district chose Kronos because its solution is scalable, and able to accommodate the needs of a growing number of students, teachers, and site support staff without requiring an increase in central administrative staff.
- Previously, Westside Union found that schedules based on the information from the manual timekeeping processes were error-prone, making the district vulnerable to payroll inaccuracies.
- In addition to ensuring accuracy in processes, Kronos has also significantly improved efficiency for users. Managers automatically receive attendance information via email and employees can view their accrual balance and timecard information through web access. The administrative staff can also easily pull reports on overtime costs and substitute labor time, allowing them to regularly assess staffing needs.
- The Kronos solution helps Westside Union maintain compliance with education codes, union contracts, and state and federal regulations. For example, district managers can view the Kronos data to validate compliance with specific meal breaks and leave policies required by the state of California.
- Westside Union plans to use Kronos to aid in tracking labor to the economic stimulus dollars it receives to meet the level of reporting required by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA).
- Shawn Cabey, director of business services and information technology, Westside Union School District
"Kronos provides Westside Union with a robust solution that is highly scalable and requires minimal end-user client resources. It is an integral part of our IT infrastructure that helps us support our business process efficiency goals. Additionally we plan to use Kronos to track the ARRA stimulus funds we receive. The real-time labor data offered by Kronos will particularly help us accurately track labor to dollars so we can report on jobs saved and created."
- Christine Carmichael, director of public sector marketing, Kronos
"It is important for school districts to utilize technology that eliminates time-consuming manual tasks to meet the needs of growing student populations without straining budgets. We are pleased to support Westside Union's quest to meet its operational goals in varying macroeconomic climates while ensuring the delivery of quality education."
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 60 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. To learn how Kronos uniquely delivers complete automation and high-quality information in an easy-to-use solution, visit www.kronos.com.
© 2010 Kronos Incorporated. Kronos is a registered trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.