Mi Pueblo Food Centers Live on Latest Version of Kronos® Workforce Central® Suite
CHELMSFORD, Mass., Oct. 13, 2009 — Mi Pueblo Food Centers, a fast-growing grocery chain across northern California, and a long-standing Kronos® Incorporated customer, has completed its upgrade to version 6.1 of the Kronos Workforce Central® suite. The new version will help Mi Pueblo further balance labor costs, variable staffing needs, and complex labor laws with customer loyalty, employee satisfaction, and profitability.
- An existing user of the Kronos time and attendance and human resource solution, Mi Pueblo standardized processes with Kronos to improve organizational visibility and better manage labor to sales. Also, through biometric data collection terminals, Kronos enables the retailer to eliminate buddy punching (the costly act of employees punching in for one another).
- By automating error-prone processes, including timekeeping, attendance tracking, and leave management, Kronos helps Mi Pueblo minimize risks of non-compliance with federal, state, and union labor regulations including complex California meal and break laws.
- The new version from Kronos offers hundreds of ease-of-use, integration, and deep functionality enhancements. Through tight integration with Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), the latest version of the Workforce Central suite enables Mi Pueblo to transform enterprise data into high-quality information for effective decision making. Additionally, managers are able to analyze sales-per-labor-hour through seamless Microsoft Excel integration.
- Workforce Central 6.1 also helps Mi Pueblo further simplify key HR processes of compensation planning, performance reviews, and employee training and development.
- Mi Pueblo is one of nearly 200 customers to go live on the latest version of Workforce Central in the seven months since the product became available.
- Hector Salas, vice president of human resources, Mi Pueblo Food Centers
"At a time when we are rapidly expanding, it is a big bonus to have our critical workforce business processes completely automated and optimized with Kronos. With the new version, we are looking forward to further improving productivity, customer service, and employee satisfaction. This aligns with our core values of care and respect for each employee that translates to a satisfying customer experience across our stores."
- Kara Barker, director of retail industry marketing, Kronos
"Retailers turn to Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. We help all retailers -- big or small -- across every segment achieve these objectives. We are extremely pleased with Mi Pueblo's upgrade to 6.1, and its commitment to workforce management best practices of complete automation, high-quality information, and ease-of-use enhancements."
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 60 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. To learn how Kronos uniquely delivers complete automation and high-quality information in an easy-to-use solution, visit www.kronos.com.
© 2009 Kronos Incorporated. Kronos and Workforce Central are registered trademarks of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.