Kronos® Selected by U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
CHELMSFORD, Mass., Nov. 23, 2010 - The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs has selected a comprehensive workforce management solution from Kronos® Incorporated to manage all 300,000 employees across its entire enterprise.
- Kronos partnered as a sub-contractor to the prime contractor Systems Made Simple (SMS), a service-disabled veteran-owned IT service provider, to further offer value-added technical services to the department.
- The Department of Veterans Affairs selected SMS and the Kronos webTA™ solution as part of its department-wide financial and payroll modernization and centralization program. One of the primary goals of the department’s selection of webTA was to standardize the time and attendance system for all employees.
- Also, through complete automation of the employee time and attendance process, webTA will help the department accurately track time and attendance for its entire workforce.
- A web-based and 508-compliant workforce management solution, webTA is an off-the-shelf software application. Designed exclusively for the federal government, webTA incorporates federal-specific pay rules around workforce technology architecture, audit-ability, and accountability.
- SMS and Kronos will seamlessly integrate webTA with the department’s existing IT infrastructure including the DFAS payroll system, a major payroll provider serving the federal government, improving accuracy of the labor data entering the system.
- Jeff Babcock, vice president and general manager, Kronos federal division
“webTA’s advanced features improve transparency, accountability, and collaboration. Coupled with Kronos’ comprehensive services, webTA maximizes our customers’ IT resources and budgets to drive efficiency. We are extremely pleased to be selected by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs based on our market reputation and industry-leading products.”
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 60 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® - use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. To learn how Kronos uniquely delivers complete automation and high-quality information in an easy-to-use solution, visit www.kronos.com.
© 2010 Kronos Incorporated. Kronos is a registered trademark and webTA is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.