Cinemark Selects Kronos to Manage Hiring of Movie Theater Staff
CHELMSFORD, Mass., Jan. 10, 2012 — Cinemark Holdings, Inc.(NYSE:CNK), one of the leading motion picture exhibitors in the world, has chosen the Kronos selection and hiring solution to source, screen, and select the best-fit candidates for increased workforce quality. Cinemark already uses Kronos for time and attendance, scheduling, and absence management.
- As the third-largest circuit in the U.S. with 296 theatres in 39 states, centralizing and standardizing the hiring process across locations was a key reason for choosing Kronos.
- Cinemark hires approximately 9,000 employees each year. Cinema managers are tasked with managing their location's hiring needs. Sorting through stacks of paper resumes and pre-screening applicants was taking them away from managing their theaters and providing great customer service. With Kronos, the process is entirely automated and Kronos' unique selection science enables managers to quickly hone in on qualified applicants, greatly improving productivity.
- Prior to using Kronos, Cinemark had a totally manual, paper-based hiring process. Candidates had to go into a theater to fill out a paper application. Cinemark was not getting the volume of applications it felt it should. With Kronos, the pool of applicants is larger and higher quality. The time to fill an open position has been reduced significantly, and Cinemark is already recognizing increased productivity.
- Cinemark worked with Kronos to validate assessments for commonly occurring roles in the theater and is now able to hire better-qualified applicants who are more likely to perform well in those roles.
- The selection and hiring solution from Kronos integrates with existing Kronos technology seamlessly unlocking even greater value from the existing workforce management solution.
- Kathleen Spina, senior HR manager, Cinemark
"Our theater managers used to spend a great deal of time sorting through stacks of paper resumes and pre-screening applicants which took them away from the critical task of managing their location and delighting customers. With Kronos, we have more applicants who are better qualified and our managers spend less time hiring them. We are very pleased."
- Nick Ordon, vice president and general manager, hiring solutions, Kronos
"When the customer experience is paramount to the success of your business, the quality of your employees must be top notch. With the hiring solution from Kronos, Cinemark now has access to a bigger, better pool of applicants and can be sure they are hiring the best people in the shortest amount of time. In addition, they have standardized their hiring process which greatly reduces compliance risk."
- About Cinemark Holdings, Inc.
Headquartered in Plano, TX, Cinemark Holdings, Inc. is a leader in the motion picture exhibition industry with 448 theatres and 5,096 screens in the U.S. and Latin America as of Sept. 30, 2011. For more information go to http://www.cinemark.com.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 60 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. To learn how Kronos uniquely delivers complete automation and high-quality information in an easy-to-use solution, visit www.kronos.com.
©2012 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. is a registered trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.