Kronos® webTA™, which comes preconfigured with federal pay plans right out of the box, has been implemented in more than 70 government agencies and supports an employee base of more than 1,000,000 people. Our understanding of, and vast experience with, federal government requirements enables us to implement and support the webTA solution with success and unmatched customer satisfaction. Kronos webTA includes automated time and attendance, leave management, and labor distribution capabilities, as well as these core capabilities:
- A web-based, Section 508-compliant, commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) solution designed specifically for the federal government
- Reduces payroll error rates and processing costs
- Eliminates unauthorized employee leave and the administrative effort associated with it
- Facilitates regulatory compliance by providing fully auditable processes.
- Reduces the risk associated with proprietary vendor code by employing standard protocols.
- Parameter-driven implementation technology to rapidly deliver the solution and its benefits into the hands of users (at one-fifth the cost and one-quarter of the time required by competitors)
- Real-time reporting together with ad hoc query and graphical analysis capabilities to help managers make more effective decisions
- Provides for a full accounting of the total workforce by enabling the tracking of contractors’ time and matching it to programs, projects, and tasks
webTA Smart Time:
webTA Smart Time offers intuitive time-entry capabilities that provide a high degree of flexibility – useful in environments where complex work rules are involved – to help eliminate errors and time-consuming corrective actions.
- Time-in/time-out entry: Smart Time gives employees the option of entering timesheet data in a time-in/time-out format. This easy-to-use capability lets employees access an individual page for each day in the pay period for entering or viewing timesheet transactions. Employees select the project or account code and then enter time-in and time-out for each selection. Smart Time validates each entry based on the specific work and pay rules in the employee's profile to facilitate compliance and reduce payroll errors. In addition, it automatically calculates the total hours by project or account code and makes that information available to other systems for payroll transactions, third-party contractor invoicing, or reporting.
- Suggestion engine: The suggestion engine feature puts the "smart" in Smart Time. When federal employees fill out their timesheets, they must specify a payroll transaction type for each entry. Because the number of transaction types (not to mention the quantity of business rules defining each transaction) can be downright daunting, it's no wonder that time and attendance errors occur. Acting as a "virtual timekeeper" for the employee, Smart Time incorporates an intelligent suggestion engine that determines payroll transactions for the employee. When an employee enters time into webTA, the Smart Time module analyzes the employee's profile, current timesheet contents, and the newly entered time – and then suggests the most appropriate payroll transactions. As time entries are saved, it analyzes the timesheet and makes a priority payroll transaction suggestion. Employees always have the option to accept the suggestion or go with their original entries.
Kronos for Federal Mobile Apps:
Kronos for Federal Mobile Apps provide a new level of support for webTA users by extending robust functions to their smartphones and tablet devices. Employees can now perform time and attendance functions even if they’re on the road, working remotely, or teleworking. Supervisors can see timesheets and certify them right from their devices. The easy-to-use screens facilitate quick entry and retrieval of information needed for time allocation and payroll. :
- Flexibility: Perform all your webTA time entry, requests, verification, and certification wherever you are
- Accuracy: Capture data in real time — no need to wait until you are at the office or on your PC
- Time Savings: Perform key functions at your convenience with easy-to-use screens that follow the same process flow as your web-based implementation
- Increased efficiency and accuracy through higher levels of automation
webTA Enhance Data Capture Capabilities:
Kronos has extended the powerful capabilities of its webTA family of products with two new modules: webLD (Labor Distribution) and webCT (Case Tracking).
With increasing budget pressures and a demand for a higher degree of transparency within the federal government, a more granular level of data capture for employee time is needed to address management reporting and enhance the decision-making process. Kronos webLD and webCT leverage the power of your existing Kronos webTA labor management capabilities.
On a single timesheet and in a fully automated manner, a federal client can now collect and track account data (base webTA); activity and task data (webLD); case codes, activity, and task data (webCT); and project codes, hierarchies, and assignments data (webLM). Employees can assign time to accounts, projects, tasks, activities, and cases, or any combination. This expedited process of data collection is more readily accepted by users and captures all essential labor management data needed to enable a federal client to manage human resources more efficiently and at less expense to the taxpayer.
The webTA base module provides a flexible account configuration feature that provides the ability to create account code structures. The webLM module offers a parameter-driven and flexible capability supporting project and sub-project management to monitor projects agency wide or individually. The new modules are available in webTA Version 4.
- Flexibility: With the webTA module capabilities, your agency can build the account, project, and case structure to match your unique environment. Changes can be made and implemented quickly and efficiently.
- Accuracy: Capture the data during the normal time-reporting process. Give management the opportunity to see it in a current time frame and certify it as accurate.
- Time Savings: With the resource time data being collected on a regular basis, there is no need to develop surveys, studies, or data merges to build the data after the fact. Management can see the information as soon as it is entered and reports can be generated immediately.
Training configured to your precise needs
The webTA Guide is the ideal and preferred training method for all new implementations and upgrades of the webTA solution. It employs an easy-to-follow training approach that simulates your organization’s specific webTA configuration. When used together with your employees’ individual work environments, the relevance of the training can result in enhanced productivity and maximum knowledge retention.
How it works
A service-enabled module, the webTA Guide includes both the online training product and maintenance. It is implemented according to your specific webTA configuration via an initial Kronos services engagement. Should you choose to change, update, or add to your webTA configuration, you can modify the webTA Guide module accordingly by engaging Kronos professional services.
View technical information
for more details. And see how award-winning customer services
from Kronos are there for you every step of the way, before and after implementation. Are you a current customer looking for assistance with your product? Visit our customer portal